Day 1: My Story, Introduction to the new world


I use to dream of waking up in a world in which we are not troubled by our emotions until one day it all became a reality... This is my story...
It was the morning of December 18th 2010 when it all started. I woke up from bed as I normally did and went about my business. When I came out of my room to greet my housemates I noticed something strange was going on. No one was acting their normal self... Sara who usually is in a grumpy bitchy mood was all calm, when I approached her to say hello she gave me a blank stare and said "hey wassup?", but it was not normal... it frightened me. Her hello pierced my ears and made me twitch... At the moment I could not tell anything was wrong. I proceeded as if the hello did not bother me and asked her about her epic night ( she had this huge crush on a guy and finally got up the courage to ask him out and he said yes). I asked her how it went, her response to my question was really dull and shocking "My night was great, we went out to that Italian restaurant downtown, followed by the movies and then he walked me home and we kissed for about 20 minutes." ...shocked at the monotone response she gave me I asked her what was wrong with her and why wasn't she more excited, she finally got that kiss she has been waiting for... she looked at me again and said "I am completely normal, what is up with you?" I became nervous and began interrogating her thinking that he did something wrong like molested her or something, but her expression just stayed the same.... "SARA WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!!?" was the next thing that came out of my mouth. she did not raise her voice at me at all...is as if she was a zombie with no emotional expression, I could not take it anymore, so I decided to leave the house.... As I walked down the street I noticed everyone around me had this same stare that Sara had given me back in our house. People looked at me as if I was an outcast and began to walk towards me asking me questions like, "what is wrong with you?" and "who are you?" But the most shocking one of them all was this kid who walked right up to me and pulled on my shirt and said, "Hey mister, Hasn't the light come visit you yet?" What did he mean by the light, is this light what has made everyone go into this state of being... I had to get away so I ran back home and locked myself in my room... I turned on the tv to see if there was anything on that explained what this light was and why was everyone acting so weird... Every channel was only static except for channel 8. What I saw there really scared me, it was my dead grandmother... "You Must not let the light get you! You must fend for your life, do not let it steal your emotions, I love you and will do my best to protect you from the other side, please be safe Leo... I must run before they notice I have contacted you, don't let them get you"....WTF! was all that went through my head... This is insane I do not know what to do!!! Why am I seeing my dead Gammy on the tv, have I gone insane? At that instance I had to do something, I locked myself in my room and began to panic.... I blocked out all the exits and put my mattress in my closet crawled into a ball and tried to sleep

No comments: