Day 6: Death by materials


Waking up the next day was not quite easy, I was still in shock from what happened last night. I then noticed I was almost out of food and would probably would have to go in search for more soon. I looked outside my window to see if the other 2 had awoken before me, but what I saw was the ginger pacing back and forth freaking out as he stared down to the bearded guy covered in blood...I stormed out of the car as quickly as I could, nearly falling flat on my face. When I got there I asked the ginger "WHAT HAPPENED!??! WHO DID THIS TO HIM!?!?" He looked at me in shock and said "HE DID IT TO HIMSELF, LOOK AT HIS HAND!" As I stared down at the immobilized body I saw in its left hand a dagger. "Why would he do this to himself?" I quickly asked and he responded after he gathered his mind saying "Last night before we went to sleep he said that he had a solution to our problem, I guess This was his solution?... I hope he is not stuck at limbo." I looked at him and said I was sorry as he looked at me he made a joke and he suggested we drive to a different part of the cemetery so we wont be stuck with the stench. As we drove away I noticed that the light was back... I knew now about the lights trickery and I was aware that it will stop at nothing to collect our emotions, so I looked away and ignored its existence. We found a new spot and settled in as I looked at the ginger one he began discussing the problem we had at foot. "We will not be able to last any longer with the food and drinks we had left" he said. He suggested that we head out of the cemetery when the light vanishes and get some more supplies. He mentioned a supermarket not too far from our location. We spent most of our day planning the route and what we where going to get. The day went by and we played a couple of card games and then told stories of our life before this whole series of events happened... by the time we finished our life stories the sun had gone down.. He looked at me and said "lets go!" we got into the car and began to slowly drive out of the cemetery once we got out we saw the light was nowhere in sight so we proceeded. The supermarket was about 5 minutes away, we got what we needed and drove back to our camping spot. We cooked dinner and told a couple of more stories and when I checked my watch it was about 2 am I invited him into the car so he could stay away from the cold and he gladly agreed. "Being alone is the last thing I need right now." we went into the car we tilted the front seats back and I began to fall into slumber when he asked me, "Do you think the light is really bad? Isn't light a symbol of good?" I responded saying "I grew up thinking that, but I am not quite sure, I do not trust something that is chasing after me no matter how nice it looks, it can be a puppy and I will not stop if its coming at me growling or exposing its fangs" He looked at me for 2 seconds and turned the other way and said "goodnight" I followed with my goodnight and passed out.

No comments: